Sunday, June 17, 2018

The agony of being fat in a subtropical climate

It's so hot outside that I'm always so worried that I smell and will feed into the stereotype of being the smelly fat lady. 

I took a bath before going to the outlet mall yesterday but by the time I got back to the car I was like, OH GOD I better get home and take another bath ASAP.  I hadn't even walked around as much as I wanted to, but it was so hot that I couldn't keep going.  

It's so hot that I don't even feel like going to the beach.  I mean, at my size, I rarely feel like going to the beach anymore, but I still do it. To be honest, I prefer the beach in March and December down here.  The tourists are gone and it's usually pleasant to be out there then.

On Thursday it's supposed to be in the high 90s.  That's the day I'm driving to Ohio to see some family so I'm excited to get out of these disgusting temps.

When I'm independently wealthy, I'm doing summers in the north and winters in the south.

5 comments:

  1. I’m with you! I hate the heat!! Ohh to be independently wealthy to allow me to love and follow the amazing climates!

    Don’t let your weight stop you from living!!!! (That said I stay away from crowded beaches and typically go off season too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally empathize with your feelings. I'm 5'3" and 2 years ago I was 223 pounds. I've lost 53 pounds now with Weight Watchers, but I still won't go to the beach. Oh, I go, but I stay on the boardwalk. My bathing suit days are behind me. Wrinkly skin from age and weight loss. But I know I really shouldn't allow what other people think of me to stop me from having fun. But I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hot and humid here, I stay in most of the time. I'm not a bathing suit/water person anyway. Not to mention the red hair and pale skin thing.... I burn in a matter of minutes .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of Summers anymore. It's in the high 90's, even 100's here in the valley of sunny California and I hate it. I look forward to Fall, that is my season of love right there. And I totally know what you mean about the stink factor! I keep a stick of deodorant with me at all times haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate being hot! I live in Florida and am just disgusted and ready for winter.

    ReplyDelete