Friday, September 9, 2016

Nobody wants to hear your problems

Do you ever feel like you're living in that song Mr. Cellophane from Chicago the Musical? "You can look right through me, walk right by me and never know I'm there...."

On Thursday I had a really shitty day at work and called my husband to vent.  After I asked him how his day was and he talked for a few minutes about his own bad day, I said I was having a bad day and he said "oh I've got to go," and rushed me off the phone.  I thought he would ask me about why I had such a bad day when I got home, but he never did.

Then I got home from work Friday and he asked me about work but interrupted me to start talking about himself right away.  I just wanted to tell someone that I feel very bad about a huge mistake (like I effed up royally, seriously) and I can't even talk to the only person I live with.

I thought about calling my mom to tell her, but she works night shift and her sleeping schedule is so messed up that I don't want to bother her.  I could call my sister who has never held down a real job in her life and has never worried about money so she doesn't understand that some people need jobs in order to not be homeless (she married up....way up).

Anyway, I'm just feeling sorry for myself so I thought I'd blog about it because isn't that what blogs are for?  To dump all of our feelings in a very public forum to be judged by complete strangers?  I kid, I kid.

A coworker has convinced me to go to a free Crossfit class in the morning.  I'm VERY nervous because of my very low fitness level. Honestly, the lady who wants me to go is in worse shape than I am so I guess that makes me less nervous. Also I believe there's a chance she'll cancel.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment