Saturday, November 25, 2017

Regrets, I've had a few

In true Fat Girl Fashion, I went hog wild on Thanksgiving day.  Then on Friday I only went piglet wild, but still ate too much.  I did drag the husband on a bit of a nature walk so I got lots of steps in on Friday.

Today is Saturday and I solemnly swear to get back on track.  You see, I stepped on the scale this morning and had to fight back tears.  I'm only 3 pounds away from 2017's highest weight.  Hopefully part of that is just bloat from 2 days of overeating.  I don't want to start December off on such a high note.

How satisfying is it to know that January 1st is on a Monday?  That's like a dieter's dream.  The stars have aligned for the first day of the month/year/work week to start all at once.

4 comments:

  1. I'm up too after the holiday (plus my monthly visitor). That puts me higher than my January 1, 2017 weight. It's depressing and I don't want to end the year higher than I started.

    LOVE January first on a Monday! It satisfies my dieter self, my planner self, and my inner OCD. LOL, glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last weigh in brought tears to my eyes too. I have done some serious damage to myself. I am having a hard time getting back on track, but I'm determined to make today my new day #1 and get back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got this! Everyday is a new day to start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, I love the saying "only piglet wild the next day" made me giggle. I love Christmas time and the holidays, but on the diet front, it's hard. My new favorite mantra right now is, "one meal at a time". Sometimes it works. Stay hopeful!

    ReplyDelete