Sunday, November 11, 2018

Small pieces complete big puzzles

How many blog posts have y'all started then ended up deleting after a few paragraphs?  That's been me a bunch lately.  I'll start off with something good to say but end up thinking it's complete crap.

Since it's Sunday, I've decided to give myself some short term goals for the week.  Sometimes the problem with goals is that they are too big or take too long and I lose sight or even forget I made them.  So starting today I'm making a plan.  This week I will count calories 4 days and log 150 minutes of exercise.

I wanted to make a plan that I think I'll actually stick to. Something that isn't very aggressive, but is still working towards my overall weight loss goals.

The 150 minutes of exercise comes from a health documentary I watched yesterday.  If I remember correctly it is the American Heart Association that gives the guideline of 150 minutes of exercise per week.  That's totally doable, especially since I took a nice long walk with a friend this morning and got a good start on counting exercise minutes.

The reason I'm going with 4 days of counting calories is because it never fails that something will come up and I need to be lenient with food.  Sometimes my boss will want to buy lunch or I'll have a rough day at work and want a couple glasses of wine.  Going with 4 days gives me permission to relax 3 days (NOT to go hog wild) but still keep a watch on myself.

I probably should've weighed myself this morning, but I will stick to just weighing on the first day of the month for now.  It stops me from obsessing over the scale.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you set very attainable goals! So many times I set goals that are not really attainable in a real life, everyday situation. So I fail...which makes me give up...so I set more unattainable goals to try to get back in line...and fail! You are totally on the right track!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I love seeing new posts from you. I think your plan is great. I'm a big fan of easing into a new routine.

    ReplyDelete