Thursday, November 8, 2018

The scale can't tell the whole story

I had my yearly physical yesterday and the doctor and I were both happy to see all of my labs came back normal. Even my anemia has resolved since last year! 

BUT her scale shows me up 3 pounds since this time last year. Normally I'd be all "Pssh 3 pounds in a year ain't a thing!" But my scale shows that I'm doing well so it's very frustrating to see something different on the doctor's scale. 

At home I always weigh first thing in the morning, naked, after using the bathroom. So I'm sure that coffee I had and those clothes I wore could make the scale at her office give a different reading. 

My main concern was making sure the bloodwork was good. As I inch closer and closer to 40, weight loss is less about being cute and more about sustaining life.

3 comments:

  1. Great news that your labs were good!
    And your clothes, etc definitely made the docs scale higher. You are doing a great job, stay positive. I'm rooting for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m inching toward 50 and I am feeling that ‘weight loss’ is more life sustaining versus just to be thin and svelte.

    Don’t worry about the doctors scales...you know how your weight is consistently moving!!! You got this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I typically weigh 5 pounds or more heavier at the doctor's office than I do at home. I do the same thing: weigh in naked, first thing in the morning, haven't eaten yet. I figure the extra weight at the doctor's office is clothes, shoes, and whatever I ate and drank that day.

    ReplyDelete