Wednesday, February 27, 2019

No Bueno

I'm sick.  So sick that I went to the doctor on Monday for a strep test.  I rarely do stuff like that.

The nurse did a rapid strep and it was negative, which is good.  BUT DAMN!  I've never ever in my life had such a miserably painful sore throat.  The symptoms started Friday and it's now Wednesday and it's still very sore.  I thought it was a little better when I woke up this morning, but as the day went on, the pain came back with a vengeance.

Also, the internet says rapid strep tests are less accurate than the real ones.  I don't know the difference other than I had my results within 10 minutes of having my throat swabbed.

Speaking of swabbing, I woke up in the middle of one night thinking that all I wanted was to swab my throat with a piece of ice. It was burning so badly. Anyway, when my husband came home with a box of popsicles, I started deep throating those things.  Judge me.  I don't care.

Yes, I'm sneezing, coughing, really congested and have such watery eyes that my husband asked if I was crying.  God, I wish this was just a good cry instead of the hell on earth I'm experiencing.

Needless to say, this is not a very good diet and exercise week, but I'm not too mad at myself.  I just want to get back to breathing normally and swallowing without bracing for pain each time. Also, who wants to count calories when it's been 10 popsicles and 20 Ricola?  I haven't really been eating much so I should probably weigh myself sometime soon. 

Anyway, are y'all sick of me bitching by now?  It's actually nice to complain sometimes.  LOL

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! Feel better soon!!!! The diet and exercise will be waiting when you get better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stepson has had a sore throat for a few days too. So far I have lucked out and haven't caught it. Your doctor wasn't able to help at all, besides a strep throat test?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon! Being sick is never a good diet plan. Give yourself grace during this time. You can get back on track when you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man - you sound like you feel like shit...To hell with the popsicles and Ricola. Go with the whiskey and sleep.

    Seriously - I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete